Updated Thurday, February 18, 8:30pm
Letter from Cabins Chairman Al Reich
It is my pleasure to welcome you to another rental season. It is an understatement to say "We are experiencing some very frustrating times" due to the pandemic.
We do have great news! The Department Headquarters – American Legion has authorized the opening of our cabins for the 2021 rental season. Elmbrook Post 449 is offering their three cabins for rent during the period May 29 through October 2, 2021.
Due the Corona Virus, we take your health and safety seriously. Our Cabin Committee volunteers will be taking extra precautions in the preparation of opening each cabin. Beyond the normal cleaning protocols, we will be using a CDC recommended disinfectant surface spray throughout each cabin for a higher level of protection.
We strongly suggest that you bring your own sanitizer or disinfectants for use during your rental week. This shared responsibility is greatly appreciated and will certainly help in keeping your cabin clean and sanitized.
As a Wisconsin veteran and/or member of the American Legion, you, your family and your guests are uniquely privileged to stay at one of our cabins. The eleven cabins in the Camp American Legion Rehabilitation Lot area are owned by seven Wisconsin Legion Posts. They are a one-of-a-kind resource found nowhere else in the nation except in your very own Wisconsin Northwoods.
The care and preservation of these cabins are truly the responsibility of us all. Please follow the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the American Legion Camp Board and the Elmbrook Post 449 Cabin Committee.
Of particular importance...
You will note that our rental rates have increased for the 2021 rental season. There have been additional expenses levied on each cabin and general operation expenses are anticipated to increase as well. However, your rental rates continue to be far less then what other resorts charge in the surrounding area. Please check the Availability Calendar for an opening for your northwood’s vacation.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great summer!
Saturday, May 1, 12:00 noon
This will be your first and best opportunity
to reserve your favorite week(s), at an Elmbrook cabin!
Are you ready for a truly superb northwoods experience? Elm Brook Post 449 has three beautiful cabins in the heart of Wisconsin's vacationland waiting for you. Start your planning now!
Our cabins are located in the American Legion State Forest on Little Tomahawk Lake in northern Oneida County. (Click the blue Directions button [top of this webpage] for driving information and map.) We're not far from Minocqua, Woodruff, Hazelhurst and Lake Tomahawk. Pick a date and choose from three well-appointed, carefully maintained cabins. Get set for the perfect Wisconsin vacation! We firmly believe we are "The Best on the Block."
In 2021, our rental season begins May 29 and runs through October 2. All rentals are weekly, Saturday to Saturday. Our rates provide huge savings when compared to similar accommodations in the area.
Cabins are reserved on a first come, first served basis. This year, we will begin taking reservations on Cabins Reservation Day, Saturday, May 1, 12:00 noon. This event will take place at Post 449. Make plans to attend! Between the three cabins and 18 available weeks, there are 54 cabin/date possibilities from which to choose.
By agreement with the State of Wisconsin DNR, only Wisconsin veterans are allowed to rent our cabins. Of course, family and guests are permitted to accompany the veteran renting a cabin. Sorry, those are the rules!
If you have a question, please contact Al Reich, our Cabins Chairman, telephone 262-523-4525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I sign-up?
Our rental process is really very simple; first come, first served. Here's your best chance to get your first choice of cabin and vacation date:
(1) Consult with your family members about the dates and cabins that best meet your needs. Please see our availability table (below) for possibilities.
(2) Review our two-page CABIN OCCUPANCY APPLICATION document. (Click on the blue Paperwork button at the top of this webpage to look at this.)
(3) Plan on attending our Cabins Reservation Day at Post 449 on Saturday, May 1. We begin accepting reservations at 12:00 noon.
(4) Bring along your 2021 American Legion Membership Card and your personal check for full payment, made out to Elm Brook Post 449 Cabins Committee.
Use a credit card to renew your American Legion membership. Just click on the following link and follow the prompts. Once completed, you can print your new Legion card from your home computer. Quick! Safe! Easy! Renew by Credit Card
The table below gives a visual representation of our 2021 availability for each cabin. We're planning on a total of 54 cabin/date possibilities from which to choose. All rates are weekly, Saturday to Saturday. Please remember, it's first come, first served. We strongly suggest booking your cabin on Cabins Reservation Day. Plan ahead, and get ready for a truly awesome vacation experience!
|Saturday - Saturday||Kellett Cabin||Painter Cabin||Graff Cabin|
|5/29 - 6/5||$400||$400||$400|
|6/5 - 6/12||$500||$500||Unavailable|
|6/12 - 6/19||$500||$500||$500|
|6/19 - 6/26||Unavailable||Unavailable||$500|
|6/26 - 7/3||$500||Unavailable||Unavailable|
|7/3 - 7/10||Unavailable||Unavailable||Unavailable|
|7/10 - 7/17||Unavailable||Unavailable||Unavailable|
|7/17 - 7/24||$500||Unavailable||$500|
|7/24 - 7/31||Unavailable||$500||$500|
|7/31 - 8/7||$500||$500||$500|
|8/7 - 8/14||$500||$500||$500|
|8/14 - 8/21||$500||$500||$500|
|8/21 - 8/28||$500||$500||$500|
|8/28 - 9/4||$500||$500||Unavailable|
|9/4 - 9/11||$500||$500||Unavailable|
|9/11 - 9/18||$500||$500||$500|
|9/18 - 9/25||$500||Unavailable||$500|
|9/25 - 10/2||$500||Unavailable||$500|
Since 1925, Camp American Legion has been providing rest and recuperation to Wisconsin veterans of all ages, current military service members and their families. Camp American Legion serves those who have a physical or psychological medical condition, all types of service and non-service related illnesses, injuries or disability. In addition, Camp American Legion is also a place for family reintegration and support following a service member’s deployment. As is their goal, families and children are welcome to help bring families back together, reconnect and bond. Camp American Legion also serves survivor families of the fallen, those who have lost a family member in service, to assist them with grief, remembrance and healing.
Camp American Legion is operated by the Wisconsin American Legion, and is free of charge. More information may be found the Camp’s website at www.wilegion.org or by calling (715) 277-2510.
Camp American Legion is a one-of-a-kind facility found nowhere else in our nation, except our very own Wisconsin north woods.
Where we began –
Our Elm Brook Cabins were built a bit more recently, but have served veterans for more than a half century. Our three cabins are located directly across the road from Camp American Legion and were established to provide less direct medical assistance or support. They serve to promote rest and rehabilitation to a more able-bodied group of veterans and their families.
We proudly share this tract of property with eleven other cabins owned by seven Wisconsin Legion Posts. We all operate independently from the Camp and all renters are charged by each respective Post. You will find our weekly rental rates to be a great value, far less in cost than comparable accommodations in Wisconsin's vacationland.
Best on the block –
The Elm Brook Cabins are located in the American Legion State Forest, near the towns of Hazelhurst and Lake Tomahawk (halfway between Hwy 51 and 47, on County Highway D). Weekly rentals are available to Post members, Wisconsin veterans, their families and guests.
Renters have the choice of three cabins, the Kellett, the Painter and the Graff. These cabins have very similar floor plans and a full range of amenities. All three are situated on a scenic bluff, overlooking Little Tomahawk Lake.
Each of our cabins accommodates up to six people comfortably, with 2 bedrooms (2 twins in each) and a queen futon in the living room. New mattresses and box springs were just recently installed. The interior of each cabin has knotty pine throughout, modern plumbing with standup fiberglass showers and comfort height toilets. Each cabin comes with a fully equipped kitchen, stocked with all the cookware, dinnerware and utensils you’ll ever need. We provide HD Satellite televisions in each cabin, with a full gambit of cable programming and movie channels. Enjoy your own private walkout deck. Sit, relax and enjoy the unforgettable beauty that the great Wisconsin northwoods has to offer.
Renter’s are responsible for their own sheets, pillowcases and towels. Pillows and blankets are provided.
It’s only about fifteen steps down to the lakeside. Fish right off your own pier or use the 15’ rowboat we've furnished for each cabin at no extra charge. Life vests are provided, and are hanging in each cabin.
How about an outdoor Weber grill and picnic table for a summer cookout. Don't forget to pack a supply of charcoal.
A short walk through the woods gets you the beach and swimming area for family fun. This private area is corded off to any boat traffic and marked with buoys for your safety and swimming pleasure.
Our cabins are rented on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday) beginning Memorial Day weekend and running through early fall. Important: Check-In time is 3:00pm, Check-Out time is 9:00am.
Timely check out by 9:00am allows for our housekeeping staff to tend to those end-of-the-week chores and have your cabin neat and tidy for the next renter. Before YOU leave, all cookware and dishes should be washed and put away in the kitchen cabinets. All food items should be removed from the refrigerator. Please check that all personal items have been removed from the premises. Finally, place your trash and recyclables in the designated dumpsters located on Thrush Road.
Renters of an Elm Brook cabin are obligated to abide by all the rules and regulations set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the Department of Wisconsin American Legion, the Camp American Legion Committee and our Elmbrook Cabin Committee.
The Camp American Legion Director reserves the right to evict any person who creates a disturbance, nuisance or deliberately breaks any of the following rules. No refunds of rental costs will be made in the event of such circumstances.
1. Your keys will be located in the lock-box attached to your cabin. The combination will be provided with your rental confirmation. An emergency key is available at the office in the Main Lodge at Camp American Legion. The office is open every day from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. The Camp is located on County Highway D. This key must be returned to Camp.
2. The renting veteran shall remain in residence during the entire rental period.
3. No wood cutting or removal of branches from any trees alive or dead is permitted.
4. No fires or open flames are permitted, with the exception of charcoal or propane grills used for outdoor cooking. Grilling will be in accordance with local authorities and any imposed fire bans in the area. No grills are to be placed on any deck.
5. No smoking is permitted in the cabin. Please use the outside deck.
6. The cabin site must be kept clean at all times. Garbage and recyclables must be sorted and placed into the appropriate dumpsters located on Thrush Road (Across from the Graff Cabin).
7. Public intoxication is not permitted. All local and state laws apply.
8. Absolutely no fireworks or firearms are permitted in or around the cabins. This includes BB and pellet guns.
9. Pets are permitted, but must be attended to and kept on a leash at all times. Clean up after your pet's 'nature calls.'
10. No ATVs or dirt bikes are permitted in the area.
11. Swimming is only allowed in designated areas. No lifeguard is on duty - Parents and guardians must supervise children under the age of 13 at all times.
12. No boats or watercraft are permitted in the beach area and must comply with DNR laws.
13. RVs are to be used for transportation only, not accommodations. No tenting is allowed.
14. Occupancy of each cabin is limited to six persons, with the exception of two (2) additional young children. Please use discretion and common sense in inviting guests not staying at your cabin. Over-tasking of the septic system will cause sewage backups, inconvenience and additional expense.
15. Saturday check-in time is after 3:00pm and check out-time is 9:00am in order that proper cleaning of your cabin may be accomplished. Please return the cabin key to the lock-box.
Obey - Relax - Enjoy
The Best Vacation Ever!
These three cabins are owned and operated by
Cudworth-Stenz-Griesell-Smith American Legion Post 449
3245 N. 124 Street
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53005